- St Matthew’s is located in the Divine Forest region in Second Life.
- You can also find us in world by searching for places using the keyword Episcopal.
- Or look in Caoilin Galthie's picks for a landmark.
How to Create a Second Life Account
- Create an account on the Second Life website at https://join.secondlife.com
- Choose an Avatar. You can change your avatar any time after logging into Second Life, so don’t spend too much time on this step.
- Create a Username. You cannot change your username once you have created your account. Most people do not use their “real life” name. If your preferred username is not available, try adding a number to the end of it, for example, John123 instead of John.
- Fill in the remaining details on the next page.
- Choose a Free Account rather than a Premium Account.
- Check your email inbox for a confirmation email.
How to log into Second Life
- Download and install the Second Life Viewer.
- Launch the Second Life Viewer and enter your username and password and then click the Log In button.
- Accept the Terms of Service if prompted
- The first time you log in your avatar will appear (“rezz”) on a Learning Island where you can learn the basics of how to interact with Second Life.
- Once you have completed the lessons on Learning Island, you can head out to explore Second Life.
- In the Second Life Viewer, open the Second Life Search window by clicking the button with a magnifying glass icon on the left hand side of your screen or by clicking World then Search on the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Type Episcopal in the text box at the top of the Second Life Search window and click Search.
- You should see St. Matthew’s by-the-Sea as one of the search results.
- Click the Teleport link in the search result for St. Matthew’s to be teleported to our location!
Teleporting is the way your avatar can move from one region to another and is the primary way people move around in Second Life.